Ls Vs B16?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

so why bother saying ls motor is better for turbo? isn't the d15 just as good at holding 7psi of boost, they have the same cr? i mean the only thing you could really say is a stock vtec motor is better than a stock non-vtec. other than that its just to open. imo.

umm because the LS is better to boost because of the lower CR making it easier and cheaper. A b16 or GSR will be quicker and make more power but requires more more money to initially purchase and tune. There are specific reasons for everything handling things better, its not peoples opinions but fact, like I said it just needs to be taken in depth to get the point, general statements are pointless

i agree that making a b18b handle 12psi of boost would be easier than making b16a handle the same, but i don't think its right to tell someone new that if they want to run high boost they shouldn't even think about running a b16.
Baker Posted on Apr 4 2003, 02:04 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
like I said it just needs to be taken in depth to get the point, general statements are pointless
i think if we could get people to actually read it then yes it is a good idea but the main audience (noobs) would be turned off by it because of its lengthyness and technicality.

you can't just "change the block" building a cr/vtec or and ls/vtec takes a lot of work and money

I understand that there is more work involved but alteast he has the essentials like a tranny geared for vtec, a vtec ecu, and already has the head, distributor, etc.

yeah i think starting off with a vtec swap would be a better idea. you wont have to do wiring conversions or anything like that and finding a spare b18b or c block to build isn't that hard. you would have the engine in your car running already, and you would have a higher displacement spare "project block" that you could be working/building for later fun.

Originally posted by Baker@Apr 4 2003, 07:57 AM
umm, you could easily write something to the effect I mean,....

The problem is,it is written,along with info on swaps,like what fits what and where to get them and what's a good idea and not,problem is people don't bother to even look at it.They just sign up and post a question,hell I've seen different people post up the exact same question as the thread two below them,they don't even look.

dude, go ls. ive wasted 2 different b16 powered crx's in my 88 civic with my ls. no after market parts or nething. one guy had a vtec controller, exhaust, intake and some other stuff. and i took him out by a little. then the other guy had nothing special and i wasted him. so my point is that the b16 is nothing special and everyone and their mother has one. hardly neone has the ls swap in 4th gen civics or rex's.

Back