ls vs dohc zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

8thchild

ok i was under the impresion that my eg was going to host the ls engine but read a thread on the zc engine but dont have to much info on the zc. ok this is where the pros come in well by pros i mean you guys let me know a bit of info on both engines wich engine can i get more after market mods.

the zc is a really old motor. it's a dohc nonvtec, jdm only engine. 137hp and 108 tq. it has almost zero aftermarket parts here in the u.s.

the b18b has 142hp and 127tq. it has a large parts availability, more power, and easy to swap.

the zc is easier to swap, but it's a lame motor. i personally don't like them. the b18b is a great motor.

yes i have a d15b8 and i want about 190-220 none turbo for now if i can d0 190 i will be happy

Those power goals are pretty unrealistic for a non-VTEC D engine, especially street-driven and without boost.

As for aftermarket support, the ZC actually has quite a bit of stuff available for it in the US. You just have to look, and when you find it- it's usually quite cheap. It's a definite budget powerhouse, and excellent to build on top of, especially if you're thinking about turbocharging in the future. It's a LOT cheaper to swap in than a B block (can use a D transmission, stock mounts), and can put down 200whp on a junkyard turbo system without any problems at all.

i am not saying that i will not boost completely maybe in the futere but for now with out boost. and i will take my time building it. this is for one of the eg hb.

well i will do my home work and listend to what you guys have to say and check the forums for threads on all the engines that i am intrested in before i make any mistakes. thank you for your feed back guys

but really what ever numbers i get out of a ls engine i will be happy, 190 would be nice but if i get 160 hey thats cool cause in a few i will take the ls head and get the b16 and make the ls/vtec combo, so the ls is a stater engine cause i dont have much time on my d engine. 400,000 on it and it does not sound good

at one point i was thinking of using a zc but i found out the ls is a better engine with more options for mods and i want a 1.8 block for my set up

The 1.8 also had A LOT more torque. The LS/Vtec is a nice engine if built properly. Just required more maintenance. I know, I have one.

With high compression slugs and the proper build it can make gobs of NA power. 220 ish WHP if tuned properly.

yerp thats why i am going with the ls for now, most likely i am goint to get a ls from japan for like 450 with about 40 to 50milles on it.

lol. blanco tends to get angry when people blasphemy his beloved d series. we've already bumped heads about it.
mainly its about personal preference. i prefer a bseries but like blanco says your goal is achievable with a d series.
BUT if you prefer a b then go with the b. after all it is your ride so it needs to be built to your taste.
a decently upgraded ls should easily give you what your looking for. not unrealistic. just like dtob said, good build will yield good results.
have it tuned and you'll be happy.

my boy has a ls in his eg but i will take a hole nem twist with my ls eg combo. and i have a d in my ride right now but its time to move on to some thing else.

go for it. have fun. good luck. and when you build, post if you need help.

yes i will i move tomorow and i will have a garage finally so after we catch up on a few things i will buy the engine hopefully the hole engine, not in parts

look white take it eazy dont take shit to the heart if you dont like that fact that i posted a thread on a b18 than a d engine thats your problem aight, dont waste my time with your issues i have my own to deal with, you dont like the post its all good that is your opinion and i will respect that but dont have a cow its my engine just injoy when i start posting the results of the build aight chill grave a beer or some thing give me some thing positive on the post that i can use on my build like what muffler should i use i want a muffler that looks stock i heard cherry bomb sounds great and if i piece it right i can make it look stock i got that idea from a thread posted on here.

look dude i know alot about the b18 my boy was hinting about the cz so i asked i have a nother boy that has worked on hondas only for about 25 years he knows his shit but did not know much about the zc i have heard a mix reaction tords both engines and at the end it is my choice to select the engine to tell you the truth i made some calls to some pros and they said go with the b18 and thats what i will go with. now thank you for your info and if for any reasond you dont agree with me thats all good. no problems i cant make avery one happy. have a good night my ass is going to bed i am moving tomorow that is going to be a pain in the ass its going to rain all day and night i heard. but if you have any Q or advice feel free to pm me

Back