LS/VTEC '88crx si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

crxsounds

I have an '88 crx si. I'm planning on doing an LS/VTEC conversion. I found a wrecked '90 integra for $300 with 90.000mi, I figured I could do the rear brake swap, front brake swap, and engine swap. Then I found a vtec head off of a 99 civic si for $250. My problem is the head didn't come with a distributor or the air intake. I need to know what distributor I should use? Is one going to be easier than another to wire up to my obdo car. also I need to know what ecu I should use because the integra was an automatic. ( I still have the auto ecu, just in case it can be re-programed) But I think I need a b16 ecu. Is there one that's going to be ideal for my situation? thanks in advance.

:thumbsup:i really like p28 chipped ecu or u can use a p30 but a p28 is easier to get, and if you have a 99 civic si head i would buy a 99-00 civic dohc vtec distributor but u should know that a ls/vtec motor is not cheap

is there an advantage to keeping it OBDO ( like to simplify the wiring process) from what I've read thanks to PISSEDOFFSOL is that the 99 civic si head is OBD2b I think? Is there a wiring adapter to go from the OBD2b distributor to my OBDO engine harness? What other wiring am I going to need to add besides VTEC? Assuming that I go with the PR3 ecu, and a 99 civic si distributor?

Back