1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ls/Vtec Boosted VS H22 all motor

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by evo8, Mar 16, 2005.

1. evo8

evo8 Senior Member

i would get the motor from HMO and have it installed by a local shop(parents are making me). this car is going to be a daily driver and a used for weekend drag racing. for both motors i plan on getting maybe ~300whps if not more.

what motor would be the better motor to go with overall?? i plan on spending 3000-3500 for the motor and turbo/NA parts.

im going to the junkyard on saturday and hopefully ill find a much better price on the motor and focus more on performance.

thanks in advance
    -Mike

2. lude9593

lude9593 Senior Member

i think trying to make the h22 put out 300whp naturally aspirated would be difficult to do cheaply. i think you'd be better to go with the ls/vtec turbo is you want to make that kind of power within a budget. however, a h22 with boltons, some cams, and maybe some laughing gas would be pretty formidable and probably cheaper.

3. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

For drag racing, LS/VTEC turbo >>> H22 all motor. It's almost always going to cost you more than $3500 though.

4. xj0hnx

xj0hnx I wanna be sedated VIP

:werd:

Swaps and builds cost around that, not to mention adding boost, and tuning.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted