ls/vtec bosted

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im building a b18 ls/vtec with p30 pistons and stock bottom end. i was wondering what it would take to run 15 to 20 psi boost on that bottom end? h beam rods, sleeving, ect. i know thats 11.2.1 compresion but thats doable right? this is an everyday driver

If this is your everyday driver I would say get a dual stage boost controller. That compression is a little high as well, but like you said, doable. But the controller would allow you to run like 10 psi around town and flip a switch for more when you need it.

And yea, you need to build the bottom end as well. What kind of turbo were you thinking of?

11.2:1 compression is too high for boost unless you have an excellent tuner, when i say excellent, i mean .. best of the best .. or else kaboom! and how is a b18 block with p30 pistons a stock bottom end?

well, anyways.. 11.2:1 is too high for boost unless you have a very very very experienced tuner..

ok so say i went back to stock pistons and bottom end. what psi am i looking at for the stock bottom end but just rebuilt?

Back