LS/VTEC build need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IntegralTendencies

Alright since money is a big factor in this build I'm trying to get stuff as cheap as possible.....while retaining quality....I'm going to use a B16A head but can't decide on which would be easier and or better than the other to use. So I would first assume that the 2nd gen B16a head would flow better, but is the 1st gen able to be used even though the ECU is OBD2 in my 98 teg. Since the ECU is OBD2 what would be a good ECU to use....P28, P72-73.......I'd need a conversion for the P28 from OBD1 to OBD2 correct, and the others would be direct plug in. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I think the best idea as far as the ecu goes would be to get one from a 99-00 civic si. It's for a b16 and it's already obd2. After that whichever head you get (not sure if it matters which one) get the dizzy from the 99-00 civic si. It's always easier to stay with the same obd as the car otherwise you gotta mess with the wiring. As far as which head flows better I'm not sure some hopefully someone else can answer that one for you.

Back