ls-vtec build need some info

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Whats up guys. I want to go forged pistons and rods on my ls vtec. I'm going to buy the scat h beam b18b rods. I wanted to know where i can get some forged pistons that will equal the compression of a p30 piston? i have a gsr head already.

One other thing i want to create an all motor monster, but i'm going to be driving the car a few days out of the week.

I'm going to sleeve the block. Should i get a bigger bore or not? stock bore is 81mm right? Will i have to get oversize valves?

thanks for the help

a P30 piston in a LS/V w/ GSR head is around 10.5:1-10.7:1 CR...any good forged piston manufaturer will make any CR piston you like, but as for an off the shelf piston, its probably going to run either 9.5:1, 10:1, 11:1, and 12.5:1, but you can find different. google up companies like JE,CP, Arias, Endyn, etc. If you are going to bother with sleeving the block for N/A...definately go a bigger bore...maybe 84 mm...you need the displacement for torque. And if you plan on running a high compression piston, DO NOT go to an oversize valve. This will only cause you a major headache when you start looking for a high lift set of cams to extract the power of the bottom end. You will run into all sorts of clearance problems between tthe pistons and valves. Hope this helps.

matt

I have a ls vtec with b16 head and Wiseco Pistons. My compression is 12:1 with oversized valves and stage 2 cams. I would not get oversized valves again, I would get skunk2 stnd size flat top valves. I dont think you need to sleve the motor. I would go 20 overbore and take it to a machine shop to have it assembled.

Originally posted by 94CivicSlow@Sep 7 2005, 11:29 AM
I have a ls vtec with b16 head and Wiseco Pistons. My compression is 12:1 with oversized valves and stage 2 cams. I would not get oversized valves again, I would get skunk2 stnd size flat top valves. I dont think you need to sleve the motor. I would go 20 overbore and take it to a machine shop to have it assembled.
[post=550623]Quoted post[/post]​

where did you get your pistons from?

I agree, sleeving the block is a waste of money in your sitiuation. Go 81.5mm and spend your money on internals. You'll be glad you did.

Import Builders, Endyn, Race engineering, and a few other companies make custom piston sets so you can pick your c/r. Companies like JE, CP, arias, etc will only have pistons in 10.5:1, 12.5:1, 9:1 and a few other shelf sets. Do a lot of research on your pistons, they are what helps you make most of your power.

Back