Ls/vtec Build Up

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integrafreek

:blink: Okay im new to this so im looking for some advice, so im wonderin what setups and mods i should go with. Im on a tight budget and this will be a daily driver for now. I just want to do a minor build up for now. Any advice would be appreciated.

THis is what im startin with:

Head: jdm b16a 2nd gen
block: b18b1

Now should i use the the stock pistons out of the b16 with my ls rods?
What kind of ecu should i use?
Can i use the b16 intake manifold for now or should i use the ls until ican buy an itr or a skunk 2?
What about the cams should i stay with the jdm b16 cams or go with somethin else?
What about the tranny, could you live with the ls for now or would you go with an itr (which will be very hard to find) or a gsr?

These are just a few of my questions for now.

If anyone has some suggestions please share them.

the pistons from the B16 will work and are a good choice if you are going NA
for ECU what year is the car?? if its OBD-1 get a chipped P28 or a P30 and something to tune it with (VAFC, Hondata, etc...)
the B16 and ITR manifolds will not fit without modification... just get the skunk2
the B16 cams are ok for now ... you can upgrade them later
the LS tranny isnt that bad but if you can get something with a closer gear ratio i would go for it

If he is using the B16 head the ITR manifold will fit, the Skunk2 is still a better choice.

Don't use the P30. The P72 is a much better base map.

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jun 4 2003, 03:34 PM
If he is using the B16 head the ITR manifold will fit, the Skunk2 is still a better choice.

oh yeah :doh:

for some reason i was stuck thinking LS head

Back