1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS Vtec Conversion Kit

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Cashizslick, Sep 19, 2004.

1. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

I saw this LS Vtec Conversion Kit.

http://216.105.48.137/index.asp?PageAction...PROD&ProdID=676

Im wondering if it is reliable for track use >>>>> I.E. will it hold up to moderate ammounts of abuse and will it work well with my B16A Head?

- Thanks for the replies.

BTW, im looking for a cheep way to get more power for my B16 - maybe getting a cheep LS block and using that with this kit is the way to go.

2. civicious

civicious FüK-VTEC VIP

i bought a ls/vtec conversion kit from goldeneagle. you dont have to machine anything, you can pretty much DIY...

if i were you, i'd buy it from goldeneaglemfg.com rather than some vendor, that way you can get tech support from the manufacturer easily if you run into any problems, and if something's messed up or broken return it no questions asked. golden eagle kicks ass.

and just slapping an ls block under a vtec head isn't all that great. the ls piston valve reliefs aren't intended for vtec, the ls water pump isn't meant to be spun past 7500 (or whatever the ls redline is), and other crap like that. you'd be better off building it. refer to my sig.

w00t!

3. Cashizslick

Cashizslick !i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!i!

Thanks . . . i guess your right - it would be the smart thing to do to build the motor.

Guess im gonna go back to plan b and just spray.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted