ls/vtec conversion kits

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

brownkobe8

so ya like ive been so freakin interested to increase power in my car now others say just switch heads from ls to gsr vtec. So my question is i seen people sellin ls/vtec conversion kits which includes:
1. Golden Eagle Vtec Conversion Sandwich Plate with a -6AN fitting for the plate and head.
2. -6AN steel braided teflon hose for oil supply.
3. Golden Eagle Vtec Conversion Dowels for proper alignment of the head and block without machining.
4. 1/8 NPT tap and plug for the oil port in the head.
5. Golden Eagle worked factory head gasket with any bore size and dowel holes opened for any application.
now if i purchase this kit will i need to drill anything onto my block.
ok so if ido do the switch i first i have to set my engine into TDC right?
then i remove the old head place in new with this After market gasket in between the new head and i just need to connect the oil line to the head and then just do the labor on wiring my car vtec right

so ya like ive been so freakin interested to increase power in my car now others say just switch heads from ls to gsr vtec. So my question is i seen people sellin ls/vtec conversion kits which includes:
1. Golden Eagle Vtec Conversion Sandwich Plate with a -6AN fitting for the plate and head.
2. -6AN steel braided teflon hose for oil supply.
3. Golden Eagle Vtec Conversion Dowels for proper alignment of the head and block without machining.
4. 1/8 NPT tap and plug for the oil port in the head.
5. Golden Eagle worked factory head gasket with any bore size and dowel holes opened for any application.
now if i purchase this kit will i need to drill anything onto my block.
ok so if ido do the switch i first i have to set my engine into TDC right?
then i remove the old head place in new with this After market gasket in between the new head and i just need to connect the oil line to the head and then just do the labor on wiring my car vtec right
You will need to tap the OEM oil passage with the tap provided in the kit. You will then need to plug that hole with the plug provided in the kit. That is what looks to be the only work you will have to do to the head to get it prepped to work on the nonvtec bottom end. Golden Eagle is your company if you want to do the LS/Vtec conversion, they make a great kit at a very affordable price. It is much better quality than any ebay sourced kit that you could buy.

VTEC wiring will consist of running the vtec solenoid and pressure switch lines, knock sensor (if using one), and then chipping the LS ecu to run vtec, or buying a vtec ecu. My advice would be to go with a socketed p28.

Sorry but GE kits suck.I dunno if they still do but they used to send a headgasket with the kit that wasnt even right.IMO there is no need to shell out that much for a oil line,2 plugs,and some brass fittings.That is not the only thing you are going to need to buy though.Depending on what year your car is your going to need to buy a headgasket,oil pump and water pump.You DO NOT have to throw all your money into DOHC VTEC parts though as everyone says you need.All you need are obd2 dohc headgasket,obd2 dohc water pump,and a obd2 oil pump.Everyone insists on saying you have to have a DOHC VTEC oil pump,water pump and headgasket but if you look up the part numbers on the obd2 dohc parts i listed they are all the same for b20,b18b,b18c1,b18c5,b16a2,b16b... all the same just higher prices but remember these are obd2 parts.

Last edited:
According to acuraautomotiveparts.org, the 2000 GSR, ITR, and LS all have the same oil pump (at the same price). This is not true for OBD1 engines, there the GSR oil pump has a different part number. When I built mine using a 93 LS block, I bought the OBD2 oil pump.

The 94-95 are the ones you dont want.If look around on ebay and forums you find people selling the type-r pumps for way more when its the same as all other obd2 dohc pumps.

If you know what parts to get, you can get stuff cheaper, but if you don't know a lot about what you need, and you don't want to read up on it, then the kit makes more sense. As for that ebay listing, it is a good price for an oil line. Get that, a sandwich adapter, from GE or any other mfr that sells them, a set of dowels from GE (imo better than enlarging the dowel openings), and the correct oem gasket. You'll probably save 40-50 bucks.

Back