1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS/VTEC Conversion

Discussion in 'Integra' started by 95 Integra LS/SE, Jul 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 95 Integra LS/SE

95 Integra LS/SE Junior Member

Hey I was wondering how hard it would be and expensive to Convert my 1995 Integra LS/SE to a LS/VTEC. I was planning on getting a GSR head. Someone was telling me i would need a VTEC ECU like a GSR ECU or soemthing and also would have to run extra oil lines for the VTEC. I was wondering if all i had to do was drop the head on and be set. Or would i need ned VTEC parts or could i just run all my LS non-VTEC parts with the VTEC head. I most likely would have a shop do this install but I dont have a clue how much that would cost, Anyone with any clue?

2. myah

myah Neu Impact Performance

ok all you really need is a vtec head and a plumbing kit for you car to get ls vtec but to be more effective with the vtec i would run a gsr ecu just to get the most boost i would also try to run a p28 chipped ecu mto make your rev limit much higher

3. Fida

Fida GranPooBA

im sure this has been covered on this forum before

4. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

spoken like a true noob, and all of the information presented above is inaccurate. LS/Vtecs have been discussed on the forum many times. SEARCH.

5. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

....... and post it in the correct forum.

6. myah

myah Neu Impact Performance

all of the info that i did post was correct trust me midwest knows best and 3 of my friends have ls/vtec turbo so suck that

7. MikeBergy

MikeBergy Blah blah blah....

You didn't even mention the simple necessity for vtec to be wired in, or a knock sensor.

Shove your e-dick back in your e-pants. Nobody cares.

Seems like the right one to me?

Last edited: Aug 1, 2006
  8. brian11to1

brian11to1 Senior Member

IMO this is 1. a swap, 2. an engine build.

9. skee10

skee10 skee10

does any one know where i can find a 99 type R computer?...im building a type R motor for my car rite now...i still have the stock LS motor.... im goin to take the LS out and put the type R in...and after i put the type R in im goin to build the LS motor and boost it and what not....so if any one knows where a comp for a 99 type R is that would be great...thanks

10. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

Yeah right......... Hey you know listen to this guy I guess he knows what he is talking about he is from the Mid-West. Idiot.......
    First off you have to tap the block to run an oil line so the VTEC can run correctly or get the Golden Eagle LS/VTEC Conversion kit.
    Then if I were you I would get some ARP Head Studs, ITR Water pump, and some other ITR parts but hey it's your build you don't have to listen to me.
    Oh and then you will need a VTEC ECU I would go with a P72 if I were you but like
    I said earlier you don't have to listen to me what do I know I only own one.

11. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

this post belongs in classifieds as a want to buy.

as for information in this thread, ignore what myah has to say, hes missing a lot of details and he is wrong on most points.

12. powderman

powderman New Member

I am in the progress of swapping my B16a to an LS/'Vtec, where is the engine build or swap forum. And how does an ecu give more boost, Myah. I am really trying to see things from your perspective, but I cant seem to get my head that far up my ass. I found what I was looking for for the swap info. Does one really want to move the rev limit up on an LS bottom end. My B16a turns 8k right now, I moved the rev limit up in my racecar with an LS drivetrain to 7500 from the factory 7000, much more than that and we risk rod bolt failure.. Can anyone who has the LS/Vtec conversion tell me what kind of rpm they are maxing out at. I would guess max HP is lower than with the B16a and you certainly would be wasting your time trying to turn it any higher

Last edited: Nov 19, 2009
  13. powderman

powderman New Member

B6A/B18b power comparison

I see the B16 makes 160hp/111torque @7800/7000( flywheel). My B18b dynoed at 141hp/122torque(at the wheel). What can I expect from the LS/Vtec in stock form for numbers?

14. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Actually, I would agree with you that Myah probably isn't the most reliable source of info here, but, do you realize that you're responding to a thread from 3 years ago? Please don't resurrect years old threads to argue, just start a new one in the appropriate forum and ask your questions there please...

EDIT: I don't really see any point to allowing continued replies here. This thread has served it's usefulness. :locked:

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.