LS/Vtec Did I forget anything? What distributor?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Abrasintegra

What's up everyone, I want to make sure I have everything for my LS/Vtec swap. I'll list my parts at the bottom. But I'm not sure on the distributor, I was hoping I could use the one on my LS head but I don't think I can and I can't find any referances online some help here would be appreciated. Here are all the parts I'm going to be throwing on my car in this project.

LS/VTEC
-B16 p&p head w/solinoid cams etc. pluged and drilled for ls/vtec
-B16 p&p intake manifold/Throttle body
-Golden Eagle LS/Vtec conversion
-ARP head studs
-ARP rod bolts
-dowels
-Full LS gasket kit
-B16 Head gasket kit
-ITR oil pump
-ITR water pump
-GSR timing belt
-p72 ecu (still working on getting the engine wire harness)
Misc
-Phantom Grip LSD
-ACT 6 puck clutch
-Fidanza flywheel
-ITR pistons w/rings
-ACL Rod/Main bearings
-Walboro Fuel pump
-AEM fuel rail
-AEM FPR
-440 injectors
-NX wet kit
-One disgruntled wife

I think that's everything. The head is complete, it just doesn't have a distributor. I could use some reasurance before I go pulling my motor out then kicking myself in the ass for missing somthing. Thanks all. If you want you can hit me up on AIM @ AbrasIntegra1234. Thanks again.

what car is this going in, becuase you can use your ls distributor, otherwise get a b series vtec distributor for your OBD. the conversion kit comes with the dowels and headgasket (you match the block anyway, so you'd need the LS head gasket with bored out dowel holes, slightly...)... fyi.

your missing an ls vtec kit, the stock ls head gasket needs to be drilled. easiest way is to just get an ls vtec kit from golden eagle, iit comes with the gasket and all lines needed even the tapping set.

distributor you have is fine but you will have to cut a leg off of it to run it on your vtec head but it will work fine after that. get a vtec distributor if you can.

Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]
your missing an ls vtec kit, the stock ls head gasket needs to be drilled. easiest way is to just get an ls vtec kit from golden eagle, iit comes with the gasket and all lines needed even the tapping set.

distributor you have is fine but you will have to cut a leg off of it to run it on your vtec head but it will work fine after that. get a vtec distributor if you can.

hmmm, he has it.

It's going to be going into a 96' teg LS, it's a b18b bottomend. OBDII, I have an OBDII GSR ECU and I also have a chipped p28. I'm not using the p28 yet because it's got some damage to the plug that I need to take care of first. Thanks for the distributor info, big help.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

Quoted post[/post]]

hmmm, he has it.

hmmm guess i missed that

What about B16 or Gsr pistons? From the Lsvtec guide on here, it was said that you need to swap the pistons out due to valve clearance.

I am about to be doing a lsvtec myself in the next couple days so ive been reading all the Lsvtec posts i can.

I have a set of pr3 pistons, but they are still in my complete b16 with a thrown rod. If its not nessacary to have b16 pistons, i wont bother. However its somthing i didnt see on your list of things, that ive seen as being required for a proper lsvtec setup.

b20lsv is the only pistons swap you have to do. Plus in the end you must decide what your going to do in the long run. Turbo/nitrous or all motor. You dont have to get a wirring harness. You can do it yourself. Its really not that hard and can save a few bucks in the end

Quoted post[/post]]
b20lsv is the only pistons swap you have to do. Plus in the end you must decide what your going to do in the long run. Turbo/nitrous or all motor. You dont have to get a wirring harness. You can do it yourself. Its really not that hard and can save a few bucks in the end
what? b20lsv?? uh?

You dont have to swap pistons for b20vtec. you can run stock b20z or b20b pistons, but it does run a slight risk of valve to piston contact...

Back