Ls/vtec Head Gasket

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
how do i ensure this will not leaK?? i don't want to have to pull her apart once i have it all together...

someone had mentioned something about copperspray?? or something w/ the word copper in it to seal the head gasket properly.. anyone have input on this?

I have used one OEM gasket without copper spray and one with. The copper spray has not made any difference. Neither one leaked at all. What are you worrying about leaking, oil or coolant?

both lol. i want this shit to work properly the first time.

i'm getting .25 over pr3 pistons too along with my .020 mill on the head rough estimates w/ the c-speed comp. calculator said
12.384686119015516 cr
and
1845.9945732060623 for the displacement..
i don't know that the cr is correct.. for some reason that seems WAY high.

my guess is that it'll be 11.5- 11.7:1 perhaps ?? any esitmates

On a stock B16A head with the pistons from the same engine in my original build (still at 81mm for the bore) my static compression was about 11.5:1. 12.3:1 doesn't sound all that unreasonable to me. With the over bore you have changed the BDC volume without changing the TDC volume so you are squeezing more air/fuel into the same size combustion chamber hence the higher compression.

cosmetic headgasket
(use 4 boosted)

thats what i m useing and im runing a supercharger and 50 shot
direct port
no leaks

cometic yO. not cosmetic.

and that was quite possibly the most useless bit of information i've yet to hear.

i'm running n/a using an oem head gasket, no nitrous and no SC.

The copper spray is unnecessary. Just make sure to add some thread locker to the set screw you use to plug the oil feed hole in your head. The OEM gasket is the way to go.

Back