ls/vtec head swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i need to know what all i need for the ls/vtec head swap. i hav the gsr head complete head, i know that i will also need the ecu. can i use my headers and intake manifold off of my ls b18b1. any info would greatl be appreciated.... thanx

The best ECU to use with the GSR head is the ECU for a B18C1 I think its a P78. The GSR intake mani has butterlfy valves to increase low end torque. Only the GSR ECU can operate these. Or you can get an after market intake mani and use a chipped P28 with a Vtec map on it. This is a more complex setup, switching to OBD1, getting correct intake mani, tuning. However this setup will make more power and gives you the tuning aspect. You will need a LS/Vtec oil line and head pin kit. It lets you swap the Vtec head onto a LS/B20 without needing machining down. Kit comes with Vtec oil supply lines, head pins for LS/Vtec and plug for oil port in Vtec head. Kits are make by Eagle I think. You cant you the LS intake mani due to the different bolt patterens on the GSR head. You can use the header/exhaust mani though.

thanx alot that helped me out alot i hav everything i need 2 look in 2 the head pin kit

Back