LS/VTEC Help question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

spaded

Ok im quite new to this, i searched around trying to find it and no luck, I have a 90 integra RS, im putting a GSR head onto it, now for the ECU question, All the ECU's ive found are p72's OBD2, but the head i have is OBD1, but my car is OBD0, how would i make this all work?

Last edited:
Convert to OBDI and use a chipped P28. You're going to want to get this tuned anyway.

Yea just get a obd0 to obd1 jumper harness. It will plug right in. Al you'll have to do is wire the distributor. Run obd1 injetctors eliminate the resistor box and shit. It's easy.

agreeing with Blanco, your deffinately going to want to get it chipped and tuned, and OBD1 is the easiest to work with in your situation. most people are lazy and just get a vtec controller, but not only will your rpm be held back (you should be at 8200 - 8500 with your setup) but your timing and air/fuel ratio would be off and youd be loosing power. I recommend ARP headstuds and a block girdle, hate for you to bend a rod like I did lol

Unless you use a first gen b16a1 head. As Blanco specified, obd1 is the route you want to go if you plan on tuning in the future. Obd1 distributor, injector clips, obd0-obd1 jumper harness and obd1 ecu (chipped p28).

ok brings me to my last question cuz you guys have been alot of help. is there a website where i can purchase a pre modified ECU? ive already purchased the Golden eagle Vtec conversion kit, and it seems the last necessary piece i need is the ECU

yeah im going to a place in Hampstead NH called trick engineering, its the best place in my area

Back