ls/vtec help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civictypr

Ok I have read almost every thread about building an ls/vtec on every forum! Im getting ready to build one myself. Will someone who knows what they are doing and talking about please respond and tell me if I have it all together? 93 b18b1 with benson sleeves,bored to 84mm,Golden eagle headgasket bored to 84mm, Nuformz block gaurd pinned in, JE 9:1 comp pistons,eagle h-beam rods,z-10 block girdle with gsr main bolts,ITR oil pump,gsr water pump,GSR timing belt,b16a head built by Alaniz with all the trimmings,Golden eagle ls/vtec conversion kit/oil filter adapter,oil feed line and fittings. I dont plan on going over the stock 8200 rpm rev limit for the ecu I have. Do I need to balance the bottom end? Its going to be going turbo. Also do I need to get the squirters installed? Any and all help is much appriciated!! Thanks.

You don't need a block guard if you're resleeving with Benson's... axe that from your list.

You also don't need to get a fancy Golden Eagle head gasket. Just get an OEM B20 head gasket. It's 84mm already.

If you're going to do all that, then yes balance it also. Do you need squirters? No.

Are you really going to carry through with all this?

Im goin through with it yes. The sleeves are in and the block guard is already pinned in. They were replacement sleeves! Not the full bore thing. The golden eagle headgasket only cost me $62 (cheaper than oem) and the dowel pins are opened up added ease. I will have it balanced for sure. Anything else I may be overlooking? Thanks for the prompt reply as well!

Back