LS VTEC hg

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Mike_995

Hey all, I know for an ls vtec build you use the stock LS HG, however my b18b1 block is borred out 50 thou to 81.5 mm, is it still fine to use the stock LS HG ?. I cant seem to find the bore specs on the LS hg so... just wondering if anyone would know.
Thanks.

The stock head gasket will need to be machined for the increase in bore. Also, if you plan on going ls-vtec, depending on where you get your dowel pins, the dowels need to be relocated and the holes on the gasket for the dowels will need to be larger. Your best bet would be to hit up eBay and search for lsvtec head gasket. Some places will send you one to correspond with your bore size, and the dowel pins can be had from eBay as well.

Im pretty sure the block has the golden eagle dowel pins which dont have to be relocated. The block was built, I bought the block for 800 $ with the head and block LS vtec work already done, im almost 100 % sure the dowel kit was golden eagle, shotpeened rods, micropolished crank, forged aluminum type ITR pistons.... before it was borred over he was running the stock ls hg, the only difference between then and now is that it had b16 pistons in it and it wasnt borred over. The lsvtec hardware is all the same.

Last edited:
so I should be all good then, I suppose i could do the ole fashoned way of mesuring, I just dont wanna buy a hg and measure it to find it its borred to small. However if i can get it machined for relativily cheap then it will be all good.

Back