ls/vtec in integra

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91integra0746

well i have a 91 integra ls/vtec.......but the vtech is not working.......i have the right amount of oil i have ran my vtec wires to my 91 b16 ecu....i have power to the solonoid and pressure switch.....but it is just not kicking in.....but i didn't run the knock sensor....all i did was ground it from the computer is that maybe the problem......any suggestions

Last edited:
If you aren't seeing any codes at all then it is likely to be an oil pressure issue. The ECU would complain if it couldn't talk to the solenoid, Grounding the knock sensor lead tells that ECU that everything is fine... so that shouldn't be a problem. Are you sure that all of your oil lines are run to the right place? Are you sure you aren't seeing any codes? Is the engine up to temp (VTEC won't engage if it is not).

make sure you've got the selenoid wire right, then check to make sure the wires on the oil pressure switch are not backwards(i.e. your sending the ground to the ECU for power, and the power to ground.)

Back