LS?VTEC lean condition

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

welfare

Ancient Member
Ok, first, the motor:
B18B block
P30 (b16a) pistons
B16a cylinder head with intake manifold
b18a throttle body (swapped out b16 one due to bad TPS)
P30 ECU

Ok, here is the problem, basically it's running lean (off the gauge) when I am on the throttle until vtec. I did this a few times to make sure it just wasn't something that was only gonna happen once or twice.
NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHT
If I am gradual on the pedal it doesn't lean out, and at idle it is fine. Could this be a problem with the map sensor? I didn't have any problems with it on the LS head (it is a remote Map sensor on the firewall.)
Maybe the map sensor and TPS wires are switched now due to the swap and the new ECU?
I doubt it would be the FPR
maybe I need a different map sensor because of this ECU? (I am using my old integra map sensor (1993 RS) (or it is a 1993 DX) I can't remember now
What could be the problem????

Lemme guess, autometer gauge on a stock 02 sensor? That essentially means nothing....it is a pretty dancing light show, but put a wideband 02 on it to see if its really running lean or not.

Also, a P30 is made to run a 1.6L, you are running a 1.8L off of it, obvously it will be lean at some points.

Originally posted by nfn15037@Sep 21 2004, 12:38 PM
Lemme guess, autometer gauge on a stock 02 sensor? That essentially means nothing....it is a pretty dancing light show, but put a wideband 02 on it to see if its really running lean or not.

Also, a P30 is made to run a 1.6L, you are running a 1.8L off of it, obvously it will be lean at some points.
[post=393017]Quoted post[/post]​

Wideband O2 sensor (bosch) and yes an autometer gauge, but trust me, it is LEAN LEAN LEAN. What do I need to do to fix this??????

I would keep the p30 and get it socketed for an EMS. Uberdata or Hondata would be the best solution to your problem. A cheaper solution would be get a GSR ecu (p72) Becareful between now and then. Running lean leads to detention, and detention leads to the end of your engine.

Fixed the problem, was the fuel pressure regulator, put on an aftermarket one and it runs 10 times better!! sometimes its always something little.

Back