LS/vtec, LS/turbo or gsr swap+ITB's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yomny

Had some questions i have an LS but i don't know if i should turbo it, have had about three turbo cars before i want something different. I think LS/vtec is pretty complicated i heard i need to overhaul the engine completely. I've read a couple of LS/vtec articles and all the parts water pump timing belt, and all i need to do to the head or those pins removed or sealed......it's just scary(since i dont' know crap about it, so i wanted to swap out the LS for a gsr motor then go with the ITB's from TWM induction since i read they only have it for the gsr head. Any suggestions opinions are greatly appreciated and of very much help to me, completely new to the honda/acura world.

Or do you think i should just turbo the LS? Considering that the LS has a fairly low compression to boost would it be safe to run around 15-18 psi's with proper fuel management? Thank you

if you want something different, then go GSR with ITB's. i THINK todaracing.com also makes itb's for b16a's and b18c's.

but, on the straights, you'll get owned by turbocharged cars.

if it were my choice, i'd get ITB's.

be it low compression or not it is not "safe" to run 15-18 psi on a stock ls bottom end, good fuel management or not

Back