Ls/Vtec nightmare in 93 cx hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B20EFSi

ok so gotta ls vtec in a eg hatch and it one day started running like crap :confused:. missing no throttle response or anything but will start and idle fine. ive checked plugs wires injectors timing dizzy ecu fuel pressure and the pumps good its a walbro 255 brand new. but it seems like its not getting enough fuel it just spits and sputters. cannot figure it out. need a little help on this one. it has a B18b bottomend a gsr head injectors stock intake mani and its running on a gsr ecu. any help much appreciated.

so i narrowed it down to a bent valve or atleast i thought i pulled the gsr head slapped on a B16 head runs a little better but still not right. i think i have a cracked piston or rings. number 2 cylinder is completely dead. guess its time to tear it down.

may have to go tune, cuz air/fuel ratio might not be right. valve is most likely bent if cylinder is dead. check pistons and rings.

Did it jump a tooth? If you recently did the swap, the 'new' belt could've stretched making it easy to move. or even the tensioner could have loosened.
Have you recently filled up with gas? Was it empty/on fumes if so?
If so, pull your fuel filter, dump it in a clear glass container to see if theres water/crap in there.
Pull your dizzy cap. Look for arcing or melted areas or the red death.

How did you come to a 'bent valve'?? did you do a compression check? Forged or cast pistons? Do you have lots of blowby? (broken ring or lands)
DEAD meaning no spark? or no compression.

What if it was just a bad wire or plug..?

just my .02
E

If your getting fuel and spark to each cylinder, move onto a compression test and post your results for each cylinder. If you swapped heads and the same problem is happening and you KNOW the b16 head is good, than your problem is in the bottom end. You stated it ran fine and out of knowhere it runs like ass.... I would tear the block down and check for damage, especially near the oil pump.

Back