LS VTEC no power!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

thaburninator

So I just got LS VTEC in my car and I have no power when hitting the gas, it takes a second or two, it does it while driving mildly also at the beginning of a new gear. It does not do it noticably when I'm driving a little harder, it seems so me it only does it from idle to a quick open throttle. I heard it could be my fuel pump and that I should get a walbro 255. High pressure or regular? also, i have stock exhaust.. not sure if it could effect the output at such a low rpm but it IS about the size of my pinky.

any help is appreciated, thanks

my lsvtec hauled ass with stock crx piping so i know its no that. sounds like fouled plugs are getting worse. any codes?

is it tuned? sounds like no. if thats the case, get it tuned. whats the specs of the lsvtec? stock pistons? b16 pistons? what head? what cams? what injectors?

I have not had it tuned myself but the car it was previously in did not do it. It has b16 pistons a GSR head not sure on cams.. i think gsr, injectors are off a honda civic cx.

There are no codes

Fuel pump could not cause this?

I was also told msot honda fuel injectors are the same, is that not true?

it should run decent. Even without being tuned you should be able to feel some power. check your timing. have you checked you plugs yet? tps sensor set right? If the tps hasnt been tampered with then leave it be. I dont now man.

Back