Ls/vtec Oil Line

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
i searched to no avail. and i read chris's article, but i'm still wondering about the oil line and how you have to modify the head for the "dowel pins"????

any pictures or anything of the dowel modification?

For questions 1, you've gat a PM y0!

For question 2: Yes, you oil pan/ pickup will work. I believe the windage tray will also fit, but I cannot confirm that.

Yup, those will work as well. If you use the B16 water pump you have to use a GSR/ITR timing belt. The oil pump will bolt up with no modifcations.

okay. so this may be a stupid question... what will i need besides the ls block and crank that i dont already have??

or do i even need the crank, or can i use my b16 on w/ eagle rods??

hmmm... new motor in the works? do tell :)

Use the LS crank so you get the longer stroke, then use aftermarket LS rods and use some aftermarket LS/VTEC pistons that are made to run in the B16 head. :D

this is still definately in the preliminary stages... i may have found a clean bare block in ohio that i can drive and pickup...

so i need an LS crank, LS bare block, then i was thinking Eagle Rods (for a b18b??) and using my pr3 pistons or else getting some endyn ones.
then i'd need the ls/vtec oil line kit from www.inlinefour.com

anything i'm missing?

You could use your B16 crank, but I think you would drop compression and I know you would still onlye have a 1.6l.

Use the LS crank. PR3 pistons will work (but I don't know if they will work with eagle rods).

I have an extra oil line around (I am not sure if I have all the pieces for the T, but those are easily found at a hardware store) as well as some LS rods with JDM B16 pistons (I think PR3) that yeild about 11.3:1 with a B16 head. Let me know if you are interested in any of these.

Back