LS/VTEC or GSR???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

im haveing the same problem i am looking at my options to build a ls/vtec or a gsr turbo motor like this kid i know but i dont understan hoe his block it stock with 26 psi hes runnin 10s ON THE TRACK

Originally posted by jdmh04@Nov 23 2003, 03:12 AM
im haveing the same problem i am looking at my options to build a ls/vtec or a gsr turbo motor like this kid i know but i dont understan hoe his block it stock with 26 psi hes runnin 10s ON THE TRACK

you might wanna research that man....there no way his car could be stock and run 26 psi....

Do LS/VTEC and dont use a GSR head use a B16a head its better...b16a head is same as a itr head just not ported and not as agressive cams but you are rebuilding it with skunk2 hardware. i'd go ls/vtec my friend had an ls/vtec with ITR pistons and b16a head and he ran a 14.8 but he was only shifting at 6500 rpm. could have easily gone too 8500.

Originally posted by BseriesKllR@Nov 28 2003, 10:01 PM
Do LS/VTEC and dont use a GSR head use a B16a head its better...b16a head is same as a itr head just not ported and not as agressive cams but you are rebuilding it with skunk2 hardware. i'd go ls/vtec .

We have been through the "differences" in VTEC heads and the flow dynos show an insignificant difference between heads.
my friend had an ls/vtec with ITR pistons and b16a head and he ran a 14.8 but he was only shifting at 6500 rpm. could have easily gone too 8500

So what does this prove?

Back