ls vtec or gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96gsr_slut

i have a gsr and my friend want me to swap and put a b16 head that it is pnp with type r cams and pistons will this give me more hp or not and with that will i still have oil problems like the ls vtec does?

wat about the hp...i have never hear of taking a gsr head off for a si head ...i have hear of ls vtec but would it be the same as that if i had a ls block?

you are going to get into the difference in bore and stroke. i would simply put the itr cams into a gsr and save time and moeny

wat about the hp...i have never hear of taking a gsr head off for a si head ...i have hear of ls vtec but would it be the same as that if i had a ls block?
Swapping a GSR head for a Ported Si head is the start of a "Poorman's Type R". If you switch the cams, pistons, and a few more parts you have basically built a Type R for cheap hence the "poorman's". LS/Vtec is any Vtec head on the B18b/a block. It's not the same, but will put out similar numbers if built the same. Torque may be a little lower with the GSR block but it is not a big enough difference for it to really matter.

he's right. it's not the same. it will take a lot of work to make it as quick as a type r.

i would rather have a totally reliable gsr and put bolt ons on it.

thankz for the input...but i hear that ls vtecs smoke a stock type r true or not?

thankz for the input...but i hear that ls vtecs smoke a stock type r true or not?
it could be driver, it could be bolt ons.

a bone stock itr will lose to an ls/vtec with ctr pistons and itr cams with i/h/e. depends on a lot of factors.

Back