Ls vtec, or turbo gsr b18c

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

emomelodic

word up, i have a 94 civic.
the chance to do a b18a block with a gsr head for about 1000,
whats the big difference in b18a and b18b?
I want the type r lsd tranny will that work?

i cant deside to do that ls vtec then turbo it sometime
or just get a gsr engine and turbo that?
any reccomendations. i dont care if its super fast, but my friend has a roush mustang and he always makes fun of my civic so i want to smoke him sometime just to get a good laugh on camera.

thanks all :ph34r:

honestly you would be better off just buying a GSR swap (you can get them with an LSD)

piecing together aqll of the parts you will need will cost you more than it would to just buy the GSR in the first place

the GSR is a great starting point... you can go either way with it ... it is good for all motor and it is still boost friendly

I would say go with a GSR swap..

Just because there is alot of work involved in a lsvtec. a Turbo'd GSR would make you very happy with the numbers you will have

Go with a GSR. Easier and most of the time they are more reliabile. GSR motor with turbo should smoke the Rouch Racing domestic crap.

well,im going to do a lsvtec turbo, i'll be able to smoke that mustang for u, It's not even gonna cost me an arm an a leg For starters I'm just doin the lsvtec thing, if im not happy with that then the turbo goes in. I'm currently peicing together the turbo kit for my LS then I'll start on the LS/Vtec...I'll have the b18a1 I just bought pretty soon, so if anyones got a b16 head up for sale let me know.

Sorry for jackin ur thread.

well bro, i would say 10 psi as a high point, and a stock block, and that would have to be with very good fuel management and some good tuning- I think 7-8 is a safe range to run in-

Back