1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ls/VTEC Piston Question...

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by Get Juiced, Jan 28, 2005.

1. Get Juiced

Get Juiced Junior Member

Hey I'm not sure but I dont think CTR/ITR pistond will fit onto LS rods without work being done to one or the other, can anyone let me know for sure?

And also, I have GSR rods with the PCT pistons on them so i was wondering if pr3 pistons could fit onto the GSR rods with no problems?

2. formby

formby learning in progress

3. Get Juiced

Get Juiced Junior Member

Can any one answer my question?

4. formby

formby learning in progress

get the pr3 pistons you get a high cr (more than itr) and you dont have to do anything with the rods just get ARP rod bolts

5. sihatchback_RL

sihatchback_RL Senior Member

b16 pistons to gsr/itr/ctr rods will bolt up. But vice versa, you have to shave 1mm to make clearance of the rod/pin.

6. Get Juiced

Get Juiced Junior Member

Ok so my setup is GSR rods with CTR pistons, and your tellin me that i can swap off the CTR pistons for pr3 ones and there will be no problem, But on the otherhand if I had pr3 rods and wnated the CTR pistons i would have to shave 1mm?

Block had to be bored .20 over so i cant use the CTR pistons Im gonna get some pr3's. I have GSR Crank and Rods and I just wanted to make sure the pr3 pistons will fit on the rods because the machinist said they would not and i thought they would so i wanted to clear that up.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted