LS/Vtec Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

djSALIX

Why do these engines end up blowing? I remember reading something about the rods of the LS motor not being to strong.

I plan on buying an LS motor, building it up first, later getting a b16 head for my VTEC.

What kind of budget would i need to do this? And what exactly would I need to do? links would be appreciated :) thank you all for the help.

I love the low end torque of the LS but love VTEC :)

they blow up cuz they were built by some kid who doesn't know what hes doing in his garage and went totaly untuned.

read the referece section and articles categotries. theres several huge ls/vtec articles in there.

thank you, i'm sick of hearing people say they heard from somebody who heard from somebody that ls/vtecs and b20vtecs are unrealiable.

My B20/VTEC was built properly and lasted for 45k miles before I did something stupid- and the only aftermarket parts in it were pistons/rods and ARP studs. The main and rod bearings came out looking like they were brand new, there were no cracks in the sleeve, and the bore looked almost new- except for where I melted a piston.

Build / tune it right, and it will last a LONG time.

I plan on getting a shop to professionally build the full motor. I just need a reliable daily driver that I can take to the track once a month :)

Just make sure it's a builder that knows what he's doing and you'll be fine. If you're in the DFW (Texas) area, I recommend Intercrew.

Back