LS/VTEC question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

oseanavinlano

I have a 95 Integra LS. The car and engine have 140,000 miles on them. I have done a fair amount of research, but I am still wondering about a few things I seem to have trouble finding. I would like to make it an LS/Vtec since I have heard as long as it is done correctly, it is a great engine. Since the B16 head is supposed to have better flow characteristics that is probably the head of choice. I also know that it is recommended highly to get a new oil and water pump, which I would do then. I would most likely go with the Golden Eagle conversion kit for the parts needed, except I also read a suggestion to purchase an oem head gasket, even though the GE kit includes it so I will not have potential leaking problems. So besides the parts I have already listed what else do I need? Do I need a new ecu and/or vtec controller? I also have read that the LS tranny sucks for vtec (only good for boost applications), so is it highly recommended to replace the tranny also? If so what is recommended besides the ITR tranny since they are pricey. I live in Charlotte does any know of any shops that specialize in Honda swaps/work or could do this work and do great work(most importantly) in the area where I could get this done also? Any additional requirements or suggestions are highly appreciated.

Last edited:
yes you will need a new ecu go with a p30, and i would get a b16 tranny. the ls will work but it wokrs better for turbo motors

if you go to intense motor sports on sharon amity they will hook you up, the number is 704 5370054 ask for nelson. hit me on the cell. you got a pm

Hey thanks a lot guys for the help. Yea I have seen jdm intense motorsports everytime I go to and from work up in Concord and have always wondered what kind of work they did. If I have anymore questions I'll let you know.

Back