ls vtec rewind

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

fivestarsi

my friend did a lsvtec swap about 3 years ago and he pulled the motor and is selling it. it has a b16 head and b18b block. i wanna know if i can take the b16 head and put it back onto a b16 block so i can have a complete motor that i can smog here in CA. Or was the head altered in some ways for the ls vtec build that would prevent it from going back to a stock motor? hope this makes sense.^_^

There should be no reason you couldn't b series is b series it's all interchangeable just be on safe side get it resurfaced port polish and your good to go

Yes I agree, on the b16 head, the thing that needs to be changed is the vtec oil supply has to be unplugged and the new supply line fitting that was put on for the ls/vtec build has to be taken off and then plugged plus the rowel pins will have to be put back to there oem locations but other than that it should go right back on. Or if you want you could tee off of the oil pressure sending unit like they did for the LS build is up to you.

You need a B16A3 bottom end, IM and ECU....all are suppose to be USDM with NO exceptions....but not to say you couldn't get lucky with a REF who got laid last night and had breakfast made for him in the morning lmao

Back