LS/vtec- spun bearing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

C-Bye

I have an Ls/vtec that spun a bearing in the 3rd cylinder. I want to rebuild this winter. The head suprizingly is still good, so I just need to replace the bottom end, what setup should I go with? opinions? I was also thinkin about resleeving?

just replace the bearings with oe get everything fixed and slap i back together with some nice forged rods, nice forged pistons, oe rings, oe gaskets... etc...

what i did was spend 160 bucks for a new crank and bearing kit from my local honda machine shop...acl bearings are just as good as the oem ones.....

but the oe stuff is great....just giving you some options... brians advice is also great

i just got my new bottom end today. All forged 4053 crxnk,h-beams rods, pistons,rings,etc. The entire rotating assembly pretty much. all for $1199 to your door. compression is up to 11.3.1.

If you need pistons hit me up and i might sell you my old ones. Actually they aren't that old and they are PR3's. Thats the only good thing left from my bottom end :mrgreen:

Quoted post[/post]]
i just got my new bottom end today. All forged 4053 crxnk,h-beams rods, pistons,rings,etc. The entire rotating assembly pretty much. all for $1199 to your door. compression is up to 11.3.1.

If you need pistons hit me up and i might sell you my old ones. Actually they aren't that old and they are PR3's. Thats the only good thing left from my bottom end :mrgreen:

which is probably overkill...

hey, i figured i'd just rplace the whole damn thing. do it right the first time.

Back