LS/VTEC starting issue

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LSVtecSdn

OK here is the skinny. I have built LS/VTEC put into 94 civic it was running, blew head gasket and found that cluctch was fried. I replaced clutch and flywheel all is great. My honda building buddy came over we replace head gasket with LS/VTEC Cometic MLS 81mm gasket. I finally got all wired up, no start. So the next morning I get it started after doing 180 on dizzy. I let it run for about 60 seconds or so and shut it down. top off anti-freeze tried to start it back up again and nothing but the cooling fan turns on when I turn the key. Any suggestion would be great. BTW the dizzy is new not used.

Well, let's start with the usual:

Check and see if you have spark.
Check if you have fuel going to the rail.
Check that your battery is fully charged.

Exceptions: If you have fuel going to the rail, are the injectors opening?

I did not know that you could put a distributor in 180 degrees off. I have actually tried on purpose to do that and it only goes in one way.

Good luck with project....I hope you get it running.

when i swaped my motor into my car I forgot to hook up a ground wire and it did the exact same shit Id turn the key and the fan would come on.The ground I forgot was the one from the valve cover to the frame.Check your ground wires

Back