1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS/VTEC starting issue

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by LSVtecSdn, Feb 20, 2007.

1. LSVtecSdn

LSVtecSdn New Member

OK here is the skinny. I have built LS/VTEC put into 94 civic it was running, blew head gasket and found that cluctch was fried. I replaced clutch and flywheel all is great. My honda building buddy came over we replace head gasket with LS/VTEC Cometic MLS 81mm gasket. I finally got all wired up, no start. So the next morning I get it started after doing 180 on dizzy. I let it run for about 60 seconds or so and shut it down. top off anti-freeze tried to start it back up again and nothing but the cooling fan turns on when I turn the key. Any suggestion would be great. BTW the dizzy is new not used.

2. onesikdb8

onesikdb8 Member

Well, let's start with the usual:

Check and see if you have spark.
    Check if you have fuel going to the rail.
    Check that your battery is fully charged.

Exceptions: If you have fuel going to the rail, are the injectors opening?

I did not know that you could put a distributor in 180 degrees off. I have actually tried on purpose to do that and it only goes in one way.

Good luck with project....I hope you get it running.

3. joecivic

joecivic save the single cams

when i swaped my motor into my car I forgot to hook up a ground wire and it did the exact same shit Id turn the key and the fan would come on.The ground I forgot was the one from the valve cover to the frame.Check your ground wires

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted