1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LS/Vtec Supercharged Build

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by Acura_GS90, Feb 27, 2006.

1. Acura_GS90

Acura_GS90 Junior Member

Hey

Im just getting a shopping list together and I need to know everything that im going to need to setup a vortech supercharger on a ls/vtec, I was also wondering if you have to unhook the vtec when you boost on these engines or on any vtec engine. I looking for the best possible combination of parts so far i have a 94 ls bottom and im looking at a b18b gsr head also i was wondering if i could use the b18b pistons instead of the b16a pistons, this is all going in a 99 ls body so it would be obd II ecu so looking at options on that as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Again

2. integraslut78

integraslut78 Stylus DJ Extraordinaire

First things first if you are looking ata B18b head it doesn't have VTEC. You need the B18C head for this.
    Next if you want to stay with OBD2 you can do that and use Crome or Uberdata I think they support OBD2.
    If you go OBD1 you can go Hondata. Next YES you can use the LS pistons with this setup.
    Oh and NO you don't have to unhook the VTEC when you supercharge.

3. Acura_GS90

Acura_GS90 Junior Member

Yeah Sorry my mistake I meant the b18c just didn't think about it when i typed it.... but that is the setup i was thinking about

4. CoreyR

CoreyR Senior Member

youll need to convert to OBD1 to run any of the freeware programs. UBER and CROME dont support OBD2 ecu's.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted