ls vtec swap in 91 hatc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i did many of searches and talked to a lot of knowlegable ppl and have decided to build my new(used) 1991 Honda Civic hb. im tryin to find parts and more info on the LS VTEC swap. rite now i have a stock motor. D15b2 to be exact. if u guys could direct me to the proper parts and more info on this swap that would be great. so yeah anyone with anything help a bro out thanks

sorry its just no one on the internet is helping out and yeah i would like to hear what other ppl think of this swap for this car and not just one persons opinion.

Quoted post[/post]]
sorry its just no one on the internet is helping out and yeah i would like to hear what other ppl think of this swap for this car and not just one persons opinion.

honestly, you didnt search to hard on here... by the sounds of it you want everyone to do the research for you. there are books about building honda engines, have you seen them?

ur rite i have not yet searched here. and i have also never built anything automotive before in my life. so im sorry if it seems that im not doing anything.
i have seen the swap books on ebay.
but i have a question. i found the b16A head but im not sure if i go with all the same year parts to make it easyer or not??
so i guess thats the biggest thing that i must have over read or sumthin.

Quoted post[/post]]
ur rite i have not yet searched here. and i have also never built anything automotive before in my life. so im sorry if it seems that im not doing anything.
i have seen the swap books on ebay.
but i have a question. i found the b16A head but im not sure if i go with all the same year parts to make it easyer or not??
so i guess thats the biggest thing that i must have over read or sumthin.

Well search on here.

If you want to stay OBD0, then get a 88-91 PR3 Head from an SiR Civic. and an OBD0 90-91 PR4 LS Block. You can keep all stock internals, but its going to bite you in the ass.

thanks for the info brian11to1. ill search on here when im not havin to work every day. now why will this bite me in the ass....less power? or just a str8 pain in the ass to do. i read an artical on another site tonite that keepin the car obd0 will cost less and be less of hassle.

Quoted post[/post]]
thanks for the info brian11to1. ill search on here when im not havin to work every day. now why will this bite me in the ass....less power? or just a str8 pain in the ass to do. i read an artical on another site tonite that keepin the car obd0 will cost less and be less of hassle.

Yea, staying obd0, will be easier, cheaper and less of a hassle. But, you will need to tune. LSVTEC's arent going to run off a PR3 or a PW0 ECU as well as it would if you were using maybe a PM6 w/TurboEdit so... oh, the reason it will bite you in the ass... PR4 pistons dont have as good of valve clearance as the PR3 or most aftermarket pistons you can buy (wiseco, etc...) so, if anything get PR3's, they are cheap. You can usually do it for around $85 and they will fit on the LS rods, after either the rod or pistin is shaved for it to fit.

ok thats cool. i was planning on gettin hondata and i know a guy that does all his own tunes. ide still need the PM6 tho rite?
may sound stupid but im seriouse...

yeah thats a stupid question...dont answer that

so far ebay has turned out to have no Ls blocks...did find a head tho. seems to be nice has everything well at least thats what the guy says. i found a site that has a conversion kit to do obd0 to obd1 and vise versa i do belive but i have to find the block then will come all that stuff.
brian11to1 uve been some help. hopefuly i have just about everything on the information side i need. still reading it all and im sure u will hear from me again. thanks

mite have to by the complete ls motor by the looks of it. unless i find sumthin local

yeah i found them on ebay and thats where i found the head i was lookin for sumthin more complete or im just dumb and should buy one of em

im startin to understand this hole process. still lost in a few spots tho. i need the motor mounts to bolt this bad boi in but i need the cable tranny? or will the one i have work? axles? to think of it the tranny on my car now isnt the stock 91 civic tranny i belive its from sumthin else. im doin the search for my answers rite now. so theres no me bein lazy today i want this dun during winter so i gota get everything figured out.

why dont you call the junk yards or repo places and find a t boned or rear ended integra (90-93)...youl get everything you need and 4 wheel disk brakes...for prob under 900 bucks...just throwing that out there

Back