ls vtec swap in 91 hatc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah im doin that as well as searchin the web. i have 2 buddies in buffalo lookin out there for me and sum guys in town and nuthin so far.
is there a specific tranny code i should have in mind like Y1?
i found all the other stuff like axles, mounts, linkage, jumper harness ect...

ok thanks

found a block the guy wants 800 for it but its rebuilt and has never been used after rebuilt. it has everything dun to it that everyone has suggested in the forums. hes willing to be talked down but i dont wanna sound chead....is 800 a good price? need to know what u guys think soon

"B18A ls block bored to 81.25 (oem oversized). With Ctr Pistons on Ls rods, small end was properly machined to fit pistons. It also has ARP rod bolts installed with again the large end properly machiced. The crank was micropolished and the rotating assembly was balanced. It was assembled by a professional machine shop using ACL std bearing and total seal piston rings for a better seal. There are 0 miles on the setup. It comes with oil pan, pick up, oil pump modified with SI spring for high pressure, thermostat housing and water tube, alt brackets and sensors."

sounds nice to me

Quoted post[/post]]
"B18A ls block bored to 81.25 (oem oversized). With Ctr Pistons on Ls rods, small end was properly machined to fit pistons. It also has ARP rod bolts installed with again the large end properly machiced. The crank was micropolished and the rotating assembly was balanced. It was assembled by a professional machine shop using ACL std bearing and total seal piston rings for a better seal. There are 0 miles on the setup. It comes with oil pan, pick up, oil pump modified with SI spring for high pressure, thermostat housing and water tube, alt brackets and sensors."

sounds nice to me

CTR pistons... not good for boost.

i dont think im guna boost it. ive herd of sum stories about puttin a turbo on a non turboed car. some good.....some bad i even know of a car to look up to in that catagorie sumtimes that car is the shit...other times its a pile of shit. all motor sounds good to me at least for now.

Quoted post[/post]]
i dont think im guna boost it. ive herd of sum stories about puttin a turbo on a non turboed car. some good.....some bad i even know of a car to look up to in that catagorie sumtimes that car is the shit...other times its a pile of shit. all motor sounds good to me at least for now.
there are just as many good stories about boosting hondas. the stories youve read are probably from idiots not knowing what they are doing. if you do decide to boost the engine, make sure you TUNE it correctly. the same goes for the LSVTEC with CTR's its going to require a lot fo TUNING so it doesnt blow the fuck up from running rich or lean.

cliffs: its all about tuning and assembly

ive searched and have found nuthin. ebay has em but with new bad ass rods but im not lookin to spend 400+ for em. im guna search here one more time and then try this other forum to see what they have.

will the ones in that link work or no?
if not i give up on lookin for them online 3 days now and nuthin. the block should be here next week or this friday.

one major question my car is half carbed but half not...its a throtle bodie with the injectors but set up like a carb...is this guna cause problems with the fuel..i do have a FPR

Quoted post[/post]]
will the ones in that link work or no?
if not i give up on lookin for them online 3 days now and nuthin. the block should be here next week or this friday.

one major question my car is half carbed but half not...its a throtle bodie with the injectors but set up like a carb...is this guna cause problems with the fuel..i do have a FPR

thats dual point fuel injection. you need to convert to multi port. and yes, the ones in the link will work.

niiice all i have to find now is the tranny and ecu and sum small stuff and its buildin time

I suggest getting a PM6 from a 90 or 91 CRX/Civic Si and chipping that with TurboEDIT from xenocron.com as far as a tranny if you want gas mileage get one from a 90-93 integra s1, a1, y1 and ys1 USDM (except GSR) if you want pep w/get-up-n-go get one from a GSR (92-93 ys1) or s1/j1 from a JDM civic 88-91

yeah im lookin into the tranny and the Heads rite now sad to say i dout im converting to obd1 like you suggested. the head i found is obd0 and i know im killen my self by not goin with 1 but itll save sum cash. the kids in town willl wish they had wha im puttin in my car so thats worth it. plus im not tryin to put too much horse power in the car 170 to 180 would be nice tho

Quoted post[/post]]
the PM6's i have found are for SOHC, im was sure i needed DOHC w/VTEC

all pm6's are for sohcs

the pm6 comes in the crx si/civic si.. 88-91 its for the d16a6.

when chris chips it for you, he can add vtec. I have a virgin pm6 for $45 shipped from my 90 crx.

Also.. bring you shit to the machine shop! get it honed, get it cleaned, get it balanced, have them mount your pistons onto the rods ect. If you've never done it then you really should let them handle most of it or it will cost you in the end.

The recomendation to get a 90-93 integra is the best thing you can do! right there you get the rear bracket you need, axles/halfshaft, full bottom end and a rear disc swap! Dun forget about an lsvtec kit you can get the uber cool golden eagle or just get one from foxstock.com that sells you just the oil line for $45 then just get your own head gasket ect. I'm sure i'm forgeting stuff but there are so many howto's on lsvtecs you really should have most of your questions answered. good luck :wink:

hey thanks for the input. i do have most of my qeustions answered. and im tryin to find a 90-93 integra ata junk yard and have found nuthin yet. i have a swap book and prolly like 20 how to sites saved. plus to motor head friends but they arnt much help.

is the convertion to multi-port coverd on this site? im lookin on some others rite now.

if you have any thing else that i need for the swap let me know thanks

Back