Ls/vtec Swap Question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

punkposer0318

im planning on doing this swap here within the next couple months. i have a 93 integra... and im planning on putting a b16 head on it... what year head would be the best to put on? im kind of confused about the whole extrenal oil line for the vtec head... i have some references off http://www.angelfire.com/dc/lsvtec/lsvtec.html but if anyone has anything better for me to look at i would greatly appreciate it. im going to be doing all of the work myself... so besides whats on that website tell me what im going to need including tools... thanks guys

These guys made a real clever article on LS/VTEC.

I'd think you would want a B16A 1st Gen head to get the OBD-0 dist. and injectors and all that. It's probably in the article.

my friend that works at a shop is telling me that the motor wont last after 15k miles after the swap due to heat and what not... what would i need to do to just swap in a b16 or a gsr... a new ecu? it should bolt up to my tranny correct? sorry for the change of subject im just looking for the best solution... please help thanks guys

Your friend is wrong. :rolleyes: Mine has 22,000 Dynoed it a few weeks ago it put down 176HP and 130TQ it made made 112flbs of torque at 2100rpms (my B16A3 put down 104 peek) and I shift at 8500 rpms, and not for one quick pass down the 1/4 mile I road race it. If you don't want a LSVTEC that's fine you will just be one more car I can eat for lunch.

Back