Ls/vtec Swap Specs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicblazin101

what are the specs on a ls/vtec motor...hp, redline and estmated cost on a complete swap. Also do i kneed motor mounts to put it in a 94 civic dx. And do they make turbo kits that fit that motor in my car?
Thanks steve

An ls/vtec is a hybrid motor that you make by putting a VTEC head, (B16a/B18c) on a non VTEC block. It would displace 1.8L just like the B18 block. Redline and horsepower depend on what components you put in there. You do not need a motor mount for your car. I think they make a turbo kit for your car, but you are better off slapping a VTEC head (D series) on your motor and turboing that. IMO. As for price of the LS/VTEC, talk to pills... :D

what would it take to vtec my motor just a vtec head and running some wires, is this somthin i could do or somthing i would have to get done at a shop. what kind of price are we talking about.

Price goes right in there with the other specs the engine. It really depends on what you what to include, and what kind of hook ups you have.

Back