LS VTEC swap...tell me if i got it right.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRXSI91

i am picking up a jdm b16a head today...i have a b18a block...and i am going to do ls vtec...heres all the parts i need to buy...let me know if i left any ones out :

b16 dizzy
B18a Headgasket (i was told to use the b18 head gasket instead of b16)
ARP head studs
Golden eagle LS vtec conversion kit
Pr3 ecu

Stuff i want to get in the future :

VAFC
Chipped ecu

i dont know if im missing some stuff on the top list..if i am can someone correct me....but i also wanted to know how much my compression would be if i did ls vtec with a b16 head...and about how much hp and torque id have with intake,header,full exhaust,and advanced timing..with the ls vtec motor?

Thanks. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

you will run too lean on pr3....get a pr4 and a vtec controller..also make sure you have obd0 dizzy.

Originally posted by 88bluehf@May 6 2005, 10:42 AM
you will run too lean on pr3....get a pr4 and a vtec controller..also make sure you have obd0 dizzy.
[post=495927]Quoted post[/post]​

what do u mean i would run lean on the pr3...thats the ecu that goes with that Gen Head...and a pr4 is an ls ecu...i wont even have vtec if i run that ecu..cus thats the ecu im running right now on my ls....and as far as obd0 dizzy..i have a crane cams dizzy...do u think it would work on my b16head?

Originally posted by 88bluehf@May 6 2005, 07:42 AM
[post=495927]Quoted post[/post]​

Im not sure if you will run too lean with a pr3, but i do agree that a chipped pr4 with a vfac will be a better set up for you.

Ie: Better fuel controll, vtec engagment points ect.

1.6 liter ecu on a 1.8 liter motor.that is a ..that is a 12% increase in displacement..you should get your pr3 chipped for a higher displacement motor and have knock sensor removed. you will also have to run twin o2 sensors on your pr3. i would send off my pr4 to zdyne and get a one wire vtec conversion specifally for a lsvtec. i tried running a p30 on lsvtec and it ran lean as fuck.

edit: i would do the pr4... i see no reason to hack up a perfectly good rare as hell pr3.

Originally posted by Taco15@May 6 2005, 07:55 PM
im running a B16A PW0 ecu if it helps. My head is a b16 and a b18a2 block
[post=496158]Quoted post[/post]​

lol theres no such thing as a b18a2 block...u mean b18b?

actually there is a a b18a2.dont know what year it came in, but i have seen the motor swapped in cars before.

you can use the pr3 and get an adj FPR for a little more fuel (if you have detonation), ...but i run a chipped pr3 (spoon chip) and it runs rich 55psi...a pr4 ecu does not have ignition timing for the vtec so stay away....a vafc hack is out not what you need....get turbo edit or any ems....thats the way to go

Originally posted by 88bluehf@May 7 2005, 09:01 AM
actually there is a a b18a2.dont know what year it came in, but i have seen the motor swapped in cars before.
[post=496256]Quoted post[/post]​

:p thanks you

Back