LS/VTEC swap won't shift into gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sammcfie

Checked everything from master/slave cylinder to pulling the whole tranny out and not figuring it out. Car will shift into every gear when off but will not go into any gear while running. It also grinds when i try to put it into reverse. I'm using the clutch fork from a 95 civic on my b16 tranny.... could that make the clutch not disengage all the way!?? :confused:

If I were in your place.....yes I would think it had to do with the D series fork on the B series trans

Thanks for the responses! I ordered the right release fork and it's coming in tomorrow. The clutch I bought was for a 94 Integra which is what the b18 block is from(?) But since my tranny is a B16 would that still be the correct clutch? (It worked fine for awhile the first day...thinking it might be a faulty pressure plate/something to do with the wrong fork)

all b series hydro cluthes fit all hydro b series trany. cable is different. just to verify. 92-2000 civic or usdm b16 delsol. same. and interchangeable with 94-2000 integra(b18c,b18b,b18a-b16.) trannys are different gears, and is a different subject.

Back