Ls/vtec Transmission

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dsxc

I was given an automatic 99 Integra LS as a gift, but I want to do the LS/VTEC swap. Would the automatic transmission affect it in anyway? Are there any steps in the swap process in which I have the alter? Should I have a mechanic convert it to a manuel?

I don't see why you couldn't,unless you want to swap it to manual,but you'd have to source a auto vtec ECU.The manual would have performance benifits over the auto,but you could keep it if you wanted it.

Do they make shift kits for automatics?
One more thing, can I actually use the GSR Manuel ECU?
Don't the manuel ECUs work with 5 gears while the automatic ECUs work with 4?
And one more off-topic question: how is the gas-mileage with the LS/VTEC? I do not have a high budget, and it will hurt me with the sky-rocketing gas prices.

I don't know

I don't think so.

Hmmm.....

Not that bad,I believe I heard it is around 25-30 mpg.

Originally posted by dsxc@Apr 2 2003, 05:45 PM
Do they make shift kits for automatics?
One more thing, can I actually use the GSR Manuel ECU?
Don't the manuel ECUs work with 5 gears while the automatic ECUs work with 4?
And one more off-topic question: how is the gas-mileage with the LS/VTEC? I do not have a high budget, and it will hurt me with the sky-rocketing gas prices.

Yes

No

The manual ECU doesn't care what gear you're in.

It shouldn't be too far off from what you're getting now if you just slap a VTEC head on and tune it... but it all depends on your build, your tuning skill, and how you drive it.

Back