LS/Vtec turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

first of i would like to say i wasint sure if this was the right area, engine building just didnt seem right. i want to know if ls/Vtec conversions pass smog, im in california so its a big issue.

if any one would like to fill me in on the ins and outs of a turbo ls/vtec. im not real sure what i want to do, im thinking of buying a 94-95 LS/teg now for cheap but in good shape then on the side build an ls/vtec turbo motor, im sure i could do all that for 7k? if a turbo LS/vtec is even a good idea, im just sure now that i want turbo after all my reading.

lsvtec is just a GSR motor with a tad more displacement.

if built right and with the proper components you'll be fine.

lsvtec is just a tiny bit quicker than a gsr, it's probably not worth the money. An LS turbo is quick too. Save yourself the money on the vtec head etc. and buy some nice darton sleeves, eagle rods, and je pistons. Then peice together your turbo kit, boost at like 25 psi, and hope you get 325+ hp. Hey it could happen

my friends ls sucks gas like no joke, i think his may be all out of wack, are they all the same? how many mpg do you think i would get with a built (plain LS) turbo set up? i mean i think the way this is going i will be spending what it cost to drive the Trans am and the whole idea was to save money on gas :roll: any ways is there any one out there who can just take there best guess on mpg for a turbo LS.

Back