LS VTEC WITH CTR PISTON

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

LSVTECCTR

hi i have an LS i going to put up a gsr head and i want to know if i can also put some CTR PISTON ON the ls would they fit or i would have to do some MODIFICATION CAN ANY ONE HELP ME you guys are a pro on this please let me know thank you

If you use the stock ls rods, you will need to have them shaved 1mm total (.05mm on each side) off of the wrist pin end. This will allow the piston to have enough side to side movement. If you choose and aftermarket rod, such as eagle, they are a free flowing setup and clips would need to be incorperated into the piston to keep the wrist pin from moving. at that point you might as well buy forged pistons, such as je, arias, srp. They are designed for aftermarket rods, like the ones previously mentioned. Also with buying aftermarket pistons, you get a lighter, stronger product .and you can choose your compression.

matt

Using a gsr head and ctr pistons with a oe head gasket your looking at mid to high 12's cr. Tuning will be a huge issue. Iam having to use octane booster on a 12.5.

so you think that set up is nice what would i be running the 1/4 mile with a coupe 96 do you know but the ctr piston would fit the ls rod or not i have to take it to a machine shop right for them to put it up for me .?????

Back