LS vtec with CTR pistons

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo951

i picked up a EG6 and these are the mods, B18a1 block bore .40 over, oversize ctr pistons, acl bearings, micro polish crank,ctr crank pulley, p72 head,p72 headbolts,proffesional intake manifold,68mm TB, virgin p72 ecu............................. what i have been reading is this set up is very bad news. too much compression?
please give me some input on this, car runs good, little bit of white smoke on starup and if i rev it hard. i have a stock GSR motor sitting, is it jus worth droppin that in? thanks guys

Well the P72 ECU is off a GSR with a B18c1 and is Vtec. It will not work right on a B18a/b hybrid. With CTR pistions you will need an OBD1 ECU and have it flashed and tuned. This will make the high compression safe to run and get the most out of the mods. I didnt know proffesional products made a mani for the Ls motor, cool. I would used the SR motor way better than the Ls. I have an EK with a Ls swap and I get walked on by GSRs and GSR swaps and my car is not slow by any means. Use the 68mm TB on the GSR motor and I think the CTR pully works as well.

p72 is a gsr head

the compression is not that damn high with ctr pistons in a ls/vtec. too lazy to do the compression calculator, but im sure the car just needs to be dyno tuned and it will run fine. you cant just do a bunch of internal engine mods and expect a stock ecu to run it right.

Yeah and P75 is a Ls head and ecu. P72 is a GSR head and the ECU is also stamped P72. Sorry did see that you has Vtec head on the B18a block. Your set up will be fine just use 91 grade gas. But the Proffesional Products mani does not have the valves like the stock GRS mani does. The GSR ECU will look for these valves and it would run correctly.To fix this you need to get a Hondata.

Back