1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ls/vtec

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by integrafreek, May 22, 2003.

1. integrafreek

integrafreek Junior Member

Can anyone tell me if $ 700 is a good price for a 1993 JDM B16A2 SiR II Head, intake, wire harness, etc. And also is this a good head to do an Ls/vtec setup for a 95 Integra :huh:

2. kyleirwin

kyleirwin Retired OG

no, that is over priced. look to pay between $400 and $600... but def. not seven.

EDIT: check out http://www.thepartstrader.com/

3. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

yeah, b16 heads are a dime a dozen, the gsr units which make a smaller/tighter combustion chamber run a little higher like 500-600, I have seen a good amount of B16 heads selling for 300. Is this a stock intake that comes with it?? If it is, won't you be upgrading it anyway "unless your a FFsquad JDM freak", so you won't need that.

Milan

4. integrafreek

5. lsvtec

lsvtec GNU/Linux Evangelist

A lot of that stuff needs to be thrown out. The head gasket is worthless except for claying your new engine, the head bolts are dead. I wouldn't pay $700 for it. I bought an entire B16A (first gen) for $650. All it needed was an OBD1 distro because your LS injectors will work fine.

6. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

Yeah, I agree with lsvtec, half that shit you don't need. Just becaust the seller got taken doesn't mean you have to also :)

Milan

7. integrafreek

yeah that true i kinda have that feeling, but i talked to some people that said its a fair price for a JDM head. I havent found a complete one yet for less than that. they are all stripped down and want more . I mean the shit that i dont need i can still make a buc on ebay for them, so i make a bit of money back

8. possessed imports

possessed imports Banned

that price is a little steep for me. i can get a b16 head for 550, but i would have to wait two weeks. then again i would buy it for 650 also, because i dont like waiting for shit. :D

9. integrafreek

What kinda price difference would you expect between a USDM b16A2 complete head, intake manifold, injectors, etc versus the same setup of a JDM b16a2 complete head?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted