LS VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

I was thinking of doing a LS VTEC swap instead of my b16, however, I have heard bad things about the durability of the block since it was not intended for VTEC, has anyone had any experience with this?

The blocks durability shouldn't come into question here.

The Vtec is handled in the valvetrain (not in the block).
The LSVtec is actually one of the more popular swaps.

The only way you'd damage a block is to much forced injection, or droping your car into the wrong gear on the freeway (i.e. calesta).

Just a side note you can blow shit up going NA but it tends to happen more under psi. You can get a lsvtec and simply bolt parts up and use that if you wanted but it would be advised that you build the motor so that it can handle more rpm's or psi in anticipation of future modifications. If you use the proper components, break in the motor, then you should have no problems.

Milan

LSVTEC is reliable only when built right and driven with moderation, just like any other motor. Do your research before starting your project cause there is alot to take into consideration. Girdle, oil squirters, compression ratio, cylinder head, etc...

back when i had my 90 hatch, i had just re-built my ZC and I only had 200 miles on it and dropped it into 2nd on the freeway doin 80 by accident, man , she only lasted a couple more hours.

Back