LS VTEC.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake2001z001

Im gonna be doing a ls vtec, b16 head with ls bottom, what do i need to do to make it reliable, some told me buiuld the bottom end, im thinking some civic type r pistons what else, do i need a crank, can i use one out of a integra type r, any idea's. i wanna go all motor with this

you can just install the B16 head on and it should be fine...

doesnt anyone fuckin look through the articles section anymore, or search fucking try before you post.

i am amost certin, that it wont last that way, plus u have have to enlarge the dowel pins, get a oil passage blocked up and tap the oil pressure switch, its not s simple as just throwing it on

Originally posted by 199IntegraBuildUpH22A3@Nov 11 2003, 06:52 PM
you can just install the B16 head on and it should be fine...

doesnt anyone fuckin look through the articles section anymore, or search fucking try before you post.

:werd: :werd: :werd:

I think to make it reliable, you should use everything type R (pistons, oil pump etc.) and put a B16 Head ..... i cant really say that will make it reliable... it depends on the use of the car....if you are gonna race, which you obiously are then it cant be 100% reliable because the LS block is not meant for VTEC....
thats what I think because of experience.... I think you should just get a B16B or a B18C or B18C5 it would be cheaper ...trust me your gonna end up paying more than just to get a type r engine

if you are gonna spend money to get all that type r stuff, do like I am doing. b18c5 block, darton sleeves, eagle rods, and wiseco pistons. I rab into some good deals and am only gonna have about 1500 bucks in it. I'll be able to beat the snot out of it. Then what is great is I can turn around and sell the type R pistons and rods out of the block for like 500 bucks. NICE

This thread is full of so much bullshit there is no saving it. :locked:
To the original poster: Ready our FAQ and our article on this build and post any specific questions you have in our engine building forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back