LS Vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Loil

Hey All. I currently own a 96 integra ls. I am very interesting in making it a ls/vtec, but i heard it's hard to maintain. About how much will i be looking at if i wanted to build a ls/vtec? I want to use the gsr head. Thanks for your help. My max budget would probably be around 2g. Also, does anyone know of any add on that would boost my ls power enough to take on Civic SI? I only have CAI, DC sport header and tanabe catback installed.

an ls/vtec stock setup will take an Si. for the gsr head I'm guessing you'll spend about $500, depends though check www.thepartstrader.com. you'll need a head gasket for your ls block, get a new gsr timing belt and water pump. you'll want to get some steel braided hose and fittings. when I was doing my ls/vtec swap I got a new clutch cause I knew my stock one wasn't going to last very long so it's up to you on that one. also you could upgrade your valvetrain which would be a smart thing to do. you can use your ls tranny but if you can come up on a b16 or gsr tranny then go for it. but if your budget is 2g's you'll be able to have a nice setup going.

Back