1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ls/vtec

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 1996gsr, Aug 20, 2010.

1. 1996gsr

1996gsr New Member

I have a 96 GSR (b18c1) running 8psi of boost. One of the pistons melted down and ruined the block. I am thinking about building a ls/vtec engine (b18b1 block, b18c1 head). My question is will my ecu (with hondata s100) and wiring harness hook up to the hybrid engine?

2. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

:yes:

3. dateg513

dateg513 New Member

Watch ls v tec . If your gonna do it then do it correct. they are not to reliable at hard use or at hi rpm's . Unless you build the block up . Ls bottom ends are not balanced like gsr or b16 so they can't rev as hi . Just a thought. take your time and do it correct and it wil be so much nicer.

4. 1996gsr

1996gsr New Member

I am also thinking about using a jdm b16 block with the b18 head. Which one would be best for running my turbo set up the ls/vtec or the b16/b18? Also will the b16/b18 work in my 96 gsr and mantain the factory ecu, wiring harness, and trans.? I am new to Hondas so I need all the help I can get.

5. civichatch1988

civichatch1988 Ef hatch

just get a gsr block doesn't look like you wanna take the time and do things right so just get the gsr block spend a little more and be fine don't do anything stupid an blow your car up

6. lostsoulzprophet

lostsoulzprophet delslow

ok from what ive learned from people on here and friends dont do the ls vtec unless u plan on building the block.if you dont kiss the block good bye if u decide to drive fun for a while lol. if you dont want to do the expence of bulding it just get another gsr block and swap over. =) less work cost a lil less. and you wont loose nothing.

7. 1996gsr

1996gsr New Member

The reason I was asking about the ls/vtec and the b16/b18 setups was because I know where I can get either bottom end complete for little of nothing. I thought the gsr block was shot but I talked to a guy that owns a machine and he said I could bore the block .030 over and remove any damage. So I think I'll go that route and just do a complete rebuild. Thanks for all the input so far and if anyone has anymore input throw it at me.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted