LS Vtec :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I looked up the part numbers for the LS GSR ang Type R oil pumps they are all the same. Part number 15100-P72-A10 of all B series Vtec and non Vtec motor at least from 99-01.

Last edited:
yeah there all the same but you will need a different water pump i think its a 22 teeth pump instead of a 21 tooth so you will need a gsr or b16 belt

Yeah I will do the water pump and timing belt. You dont need to use GSR ones you can get away with the LS water pump and timing belt but the GSR water pump moves more water/coolant under higher revs. The LS pump can spin so fast that it will almost stop moving coolant. But the water pump and timing belt is cheap cooling system insurance. Sucks though my LS water pump only has 9-10K on it.
This are coming together. Order a B16 head gasket set and GRS head bolts. I will be porting the head this week hopefully, so I can get it to the machine shop and refreshed. Funny on the oil pump cause my tuner and Hasport both said to use a GSR oil pump on for LS Vtec. Makes me wonder how many people have done this only to swap out the same oil pumps. Goes to acuraoemparts.com to check something.... Now the B18A1 motor has a different oil pump in it, part number 15100-PR4-A03. I think the GSR oil pump is needed on the A1 motor but not on the B1. Goes to hondaautomotiveparts.com to check something else.... And yep the B20B also has a GSR oil pump also.

Ok did some more oil pump part number looking up. All OBD1 LS motors have a 15100-PR4-A03 oil pump, that includes B18A1's and B18B1's. All 96-01 B18B1's and B20's have a 15100-P72-A01 oil pump, oh so does the 95-00 B16A. So you only need to do the oil pump on 90-95 Intgera's??? Here is the kicker the 92-93 GSR with the B17A has a 15100-PR4-A03 hmm same as the B18A1. I say screw all this oil pump crap, same generation Vtec and non Vtec motor share the same oil pumps.

Ok got most of the head P&P done today, only a few small areas to touch up. P&P is so easy to do.

I have been busy with this Vtec swap. Got the head all P&P and dropped off at the machine shop for some work. Milling head, re cutting valves and seats, installing new oil seals and titanium retainers. I should be able to pick the head up later today! Got the intake manifold runners polished and opened up a bit, waiting for head to port match better. I have been on a parts buying frenzy. Parts bought so far B16 head gasket set, GSR head bolts, oil filter adapter, LS Vtec dowel pins, oil catch can, GSR timing belt kit and water pump, 92 GSR valve cover. I still need a Si PS pump bracket, valve cover hardware, plug wires, upper radiator hose, Vtec solenoid plugs, a replacement cam cap bolt and a H22 oil cooler return fitting for a pcv/catch can. Oh and of course a retune on my Hondata S100. I am excited to see how much hp I will gain from this. I enjoy modding my car an seeing the dyno and track numbers from the work I have done. I know the Vtec head stock will get me around 30 more hp so that should put me at around 160whp and 190 at the crank. But with the head work I hope to get a little more. Looking into getting some upgraded inner intake valve springs. If I get these them I will swap the stock inners to the exhaust side. I may also be able to get a set of GSR cams to replace my B16 cams. If it all comes together I hope to get about 40 more whp.

More goodies came today. My GSR timing belt kit came, Zerg LS Vtec dowel pins and oil catch can for PCV system. Items still in transit are GSR BBP 4-1 header upgrading from 4-2-1, ARP rod bolts, spark plug wires and cover, random valve cover hardware. I found a Si PS bracket locally just need to pick it up. I am like 95% ready to do the swap!

Back