LS|VTEC

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Exodus

I have an 89 CRX Si and I want to go LS|VTEC with a B18A1 bottom end and B16A top end.

Here's my best options so far, anything more expensive than what I can get locally will probably not be considered unless it's pretty sweet...

B18A1 drop-out minus the following: intermediate shaft and half shafts, distributor, exhaust manifold for $200

B16A head with the following: stock rocker assembly, valves, springs, retainers, keepers, LMAs, caps, 99 Si cams and gears, clean XSi valve cover (larger VTEC than DOHC) with the spark plug wire cover and a cf oil cap, PR3 intake manifold, fuel rail, throttle body, fuel pressure regulator, Toda timing belt, head gasket (new), head has been properly tapped for oil line, oil lines and fittings included, brass tee included and ef-b series shift linkage (just the shifter bar not including stabilizer) all for $300

These are my local options right now to make this happen. One of the guys that owes me money has some cheaper mounts for this conversion and also some home-made shift linkage besides the linkage included with the head. So, all this aside, here's what I would need to make this run, as far as I can think of at least...

Exhaust manifold and O2 sensor (2)
OBD0 B16A distributor
OBD0 B16A injectors
OBD0 B16A PR3\PW0 virgin ECU or similar ECU with reasonable chip modifications (PM me details)
Intermediate shaft and half shafts for pre-94 B-series, half shafts preferably would be 88-89 teg pieces

So, who can cut me a better deal or make the rest of what I need appear in my garage if I buy the stuff above?

Also, for the right prices, I would just take the following and do a LS swap to get the car running...

- Hasport mounts and linkage (EFB1)
- Intermediate shaft (pre-94 B-Series)
- 88|89 Integra half shafts or 90-93s if no one has the old school ones
- stock B18A1 exhaust manifold with at least one O2
- stock B18A1 distributor, complete and working

the Intermidiate Shaft you want is the 90-93 teg. The 88-89 one will NOT work. It's for a D Series. I actually got a 90-93 Intermidiate Shaft for sale if you are interested. $85 Shipped to your door.

I used a stock B16A intermediate shaft on my B16A swapped CRX Si a while back with the 88-89 Integra axles instead of the 90-93s quite succesfully. After some research, it would seem that they are more correct to use as the length of the older axles is just barely shorter. Considering the SiR front ends are wider than ours and the 90-93 Integra axle would be a suitable OEM interchangable part over there, you would think they'd be a little too long for our cars, which they are, though they are exceptionally functional. However, most people who have auto zone axles end up returning them shortly afterward, whether you drive hard or not. I've seen their brand new axles go out the same day, three times in a row between two cars, and it's not AZs fault either.

They actually give out brand new axles for Hondas now because this happens all over the country, JDM swaps and poor information brake enough axles that they've decided to replace your axels with brand new ones each and everytime which means no more halfassed new boots grease and clamps when you need to trade them in, only brand new ones now, and they STILL break. I've been the only person in the EF community in my area to not break axles and I drive twice as hard on them, I believe the 88-89s are the correct ones to use..

Think about it, it's the only genuine EF chassis car that's USDM (unless I'm crazy), so it's got the right knuckle-diff geometry and they slid right the hell into the PR3 intermediate shaft.

I'm just trying to tell everyone about my success with that setup as I've noticed everyone else using the 90-93 axles keep breaking theirs! Not trying to be all like " YOU'RE WRONG DUDE!" Cause I'm not like that

I totally agree about the intermediate shaft though!

So whose got parts?

jdm b16 dizzy(obd0) and chipped pw0. chrome tuned. this was for my first lsvtec setup. The car ran great and the a/f was perfect when put on the dyno. It was tuned with a wide band. I think this ecu would work great for you since you have almost the same identical setup as mine.

200 shipped lmk

or call me ,Abel 850-545-3670.

Back